Friday, January 17, 2020

A's flatbread

My friend A, who has worked for years managing professional kitchens, recently made me dinner. His lasagna was wonderful, but what I found particularly unique and memorable was the flatbread he made to accompany it. It shows his intuition for flavors that he had simply improvised it. Anyway, maybe someday I'd like to see if I could make a similar dish. When I asked him  how he made it, it all seemed obvious, but now I don't know if I am missing essential information like when to actually spread the mix on (will it dry out if you do it at the beginning?) etc. Was there parmesan? I think so. Did he put salt in the paste? I think so. When and where to add the olive oil? I'm not sure. But this is what I remember.

Blend some black olives with a can of green chilis, a few cloves of garlic, and salt. Spread thinly (it is much more of a focaccia than a pizza) on unbaked pizza dough, drizzle with olive oil, and a bit of parmesan. Bake.

No comments: