Friday, December 6, 2019

Sharon's Canapes

All the food at my Friendsgiving this year was delicious, but most unexpectedly wonderful were Sharon's canapes. Just that week, at my family's Thanksgiving meal, I made a jesting motif out of my dislike of radishes (and my use of cute watermelon radishes in my salad to spite that). So when I saw the canapes, each topped with a single slice of red radish, I thought "huh, some people like radish enough to plop them on a canape. What a world." And then... they were really good.

So you take slices of those really slender baguettes-- you know, the kind you make large croutons out of, as for French onion soup.

And then you make crouts out of them by oiling them, salting & peppering them, and baking them until crisp and delicious.

Generously spread garlic Boursin cheese on them.

Then you top them with a slice of radish.

No comments: