Monday, September 26, 2016

Amy's (actually Ree Drummond's) Barbecue Sauce Jalapeno Thingies

My friend Amy B. serves these at parties-- Super Bowl, baby shower, Rock Band! And I like them. Whether or not you do, haha. She can make hers prettier than I can. Oh well! The recipe is modified, first by Amy, then by me, from Ree Drummond ("The Pioneer Woman").

18 fresh jalapenos (not too big)
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 c grated sharp cheddar
green onion-- the recipe calls for 1-- I doubled the recipe but used a whole bunch (white parts)
18 thin slices bacon, cut in half
bottled BBQ sauce

Preheat the oven to 275. Lay out bacon on a baking sheet; brown a little bit (NOT near done-- they will still bake in the oven on the jalapenos. This is just to make sure they get all the way done).

Cut peppers in half lengthwise; try to keep the stems in tact. Scrape out the seeds and membranes (to taste).

Combine cheeses, green onion-- mix. Stuff pepper halves. Put a smear of sauce on top. Cover with a piece of bacon. (The recipe calls for wrapping them around, but this is just so hard for me. So I put it on top and it worked fine). Brush the bacon with BBQ sauce.

Bake 1 hour. Serve hot or at room temperature.

No comments: